The Vegetarian World Forum
No. 3 Vol. IX - Autumn 1955 p.64:
A VEGETARIAN WORLD
Hitherto life has been motivated by sensual satisfaction. In the vegetarian era intellectual and emotional gratifications will be enhanced. The mathematicians Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein found life in the Universe far more enthralling and satisfying than the most expert gourmet. Education will continue throughout life and will bring out the great talents and beauties latent in all persons. Here are a few of the outstanding characteristics of the vegetarian man of the future:
- He or she will be far more efficient mentally
- His or her emotions will be richer as a result of good nutrition and specific training. The emotions are capable of enormous development and are a big cause of happiness or unhappiness.
- The speech of the next higher man will be beautiful, clear and coloured with feelings of understanding, sympathy and sincerity.
- This higher evolved human will be endowed with aesthetic talents far beyond present average levels. Almost everyone will be a gifted painter, musician, singer, orator, actor, author, etc.
- Man will be devoid of hate, anger and irritation.
- He or she will be more charming, hansomer, and infinitely healthier than to-day's average.
The new human will possess fine social gifts skilled in the art of inspiring and delightful conversation, have congenial manners and an instinctive urge for mutual aid rather than personal gain.
A completely vegetarian world will provide :
- Social security for every person on earth.
- The abolition of war for ever.
- A two-sex legislative body for every country. At each election, municipal and regional state or national the voter will be compelled to mark two X's, one for a female candidate, the other for a male candidate. That alone will be a tremendous step towards abolishing war. Women must cease to be indifferent to politics, they must share equally with men a duty of governing the world.
- Higher education will include maximum brain and emotional development for all with emphasis on the growth of the aesthetic faculties. Aesthetic development nurtures the democratic instincts, strengthens the moral faculties and aids in preserving good health. Millions of future citizens will refuse meat because it is loathsome to the eyes.
Esta mensagem está sob a licença CreativeCommons Atribuição, Não-Comercial-Compartilhamento pela mesma Licença.